MLA Scholarship Eligibility Requirements 2018
- Applicant must be related (see definition below) to a current adult member in good standing with the Midwest Lama Association.
- Current adult MLA members are defined as having paid memberships within this organization for a minimum of 1 year.
- Applicants for this award shall be: daughters, stepdaughters, sons, stepsons, grandsons, granddaughters, sisters, brothers OR a youth mentored by a MLA member.
- The Scholarship Committee feels the mentor/youth relationship to be unique and requests that the mentor provide a descriptive letter of how the youth has impacted and enhanced the lama project. This letter needs to accompany the scholarship application.
- Applicants for this award must be attending their senior year of high school OR grade 13 in 4-H years.
- Applicants may also be currently attending a 2 or 4 year college.
- Previous MLA Scholarship recipients are NOT eligible for further consideration.
- Any questions regarding this scholarship can be directed to Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cheryl at email@example.com
MLA Scholarship Application Procedures
- Applications can be typed or hand written as long as it is easily legible.
- Scholarships will be reviewed by the MLA Scholarship Committee. All applicants will be notified of any scholarship awards after June 1, 2018.
- Applications must be complete and legible. Extra pages are accepted.
- Scholarship money will be distributed after successful completion of one term of secondary schooling. After completing one term or semester, applicants will need to submit proof of completion. Examples: a letter (on school letterhead) stating that one semester/term has been completed or a copy of their transcript or grades to prove they completed that term or semester. GPA of a C or above is needed to claim the award money.
- The scholarship must be used within 18 months of the date the winner receives notification or the scholarship will be forfeited.
- This scholarship application includes these parts: completed application with essay questions, one (1) letter of recommendation, photo and (mentor letter if applicable).